Software Development Intern with JavaSofia, Bulgaria
At Documaster we care - we care about the quality of our products and about the experience of our people, interns included. That’s why we offer you a real job, not a side project on which you will work in isolation. We offer you to join a dedicated and humble development team and participate in all day-to-day activities and get to know the working habits and practices of modern software development. You will be joining our small but stellar team of 4 backend developers, who are dedicated to developing our document management solution for private customers – this is a standardized cloud-native product, that makes the data searchable and easily accessible, and allows the data to be exported via open APIs when necessary. The frontend development team for this product is based in Oslo, while all other tech people with whom you will collaborate, such as QAs, Infrastructure engineers, Project Managers, other developers, and our CTO are in Sofia.
During the paid, full-time, 6-month internship program you will join the team in the following day-to-day activities:
- source control: Git and Gitflow; development process; release process
- build jobs: automatic deployment; creation, management, and support of build jobs; vulnerability monitoring
- architecture: discussions about product architecture, security, and code organization
- tests: writing unit and integration tests
- code: writing clean code in Java; getting to know popular libraries, technologies, and build tools used in development - Spring, Maven, Flyway, Tika, Docker; diving into the wonderful specifics of document management software
- APIs: developing, supporting, versioning, securing, optimizing, and improving backwards-compatible Web APIs for communicating with backend systems
- code review: doing and receiving code review from fellow colleagues
- dependencies: managing product dependencies, identifying dependency conflicts, previewing the dependency tree
- tasks: task creation and transitioning tasks through all steps in the software development processes
- deployment: production/dev/test deployment strategies and approaches
- ... most importantly: learning from the experience and mistakes of developers
We appreciate people who ask lots of questions and we’re always ready to answer and help. While you will have a dedicated mentor, we believe it’s best to ask everyone about the things that intrigue you and learn from all the amazing team members at Documaster. We build trusted relationships based on mutual respect and we have lots of fun together. We’re informal and we like walking in slippers in the office. If the program described here genuinely sparks your interest, you should get in touch with us right away: just fill in the “Apply now” form below.
- ● ●
By applying for this position, you willingly provide Documaster Bulgaria with the following data in your resume: names, address, phone number, professional background and experience, education, additional certifications, qualifications and others for the purposes of the recruitment process for this position.