Junior Data Migration EngineerOslo, Norway
We are looking for a junior data migration engineer to join our product team and ensure the customer experience of becoming a new customer is first class. At Documaster you will experience the flexibility, freedom, and speed of a young company.
Who are we looking for?
The person we are looking for is someone who:
- Wants to join a small team of people from different disciplines.
- Would love to work on a product (not projects)
- Works well as a team member and favours collaboration over solo work
- Is fluent writing and speaking in English.
- Is looking for a place where you are given room and responsibilities to grow as an engineer.
What is it like to work at Documaster?
Documaster is a young company with an ambitious goal. At the same time, we are really dedicated to work/life balance and people working here enjoying themselves.
- You will be working in a small product development team of engineers, a product manager, UX people, sales, and customer success.
- The team is autonomous and make their own decisions on the product, technology and how we work.
- We value transparency and people’s opinions.
- We are curious and comfortable being open about making mistakes.
- People in the team work mostly remotely these days, and we also have an office where we meet when convenient.
- We focus on the outcome of what we do together, not on output or individual performance.
Our current backend platform is written in Java and automate data migrations using technology such as Apache Airflow, Python3, Bash scripts and PostgreSQL. You do not have to know all these technologies but ready to learn them.
Along with the team you have complete freedom as to how to evolve the technology platform in the future.
If you have an interest in or prior knowledge of data- and language processing this is an ideal position for you.
What you will be doing at Documaster?
Work with the team to help build a product of international scale.
- Contributing to areas you are passionate about, be it technology and architecture, product and design, process, or how a good life at work should be.
- Work on exploring customer data, structuring that data and automating the migration of this data into Documaster.
- Together with fellow backend engineers you will be collaborating on extending our platform with new capabilities.
- Contributing to making work fun & interesting.
Your first days at Documaster
This is what your first period at Documaster will look like
The first week
- You get to meet the lovely people you will be working with.
- You will get a side kick / mentor who is there to help you settle in.
- We will introduce you to our vision and way of working.
- This first week is about soaking up the atmosphere, unboxing your new laptop and taking it slow.
After a few weeks
- You will have helped on-board your first customer onto Documaster 🎉.
- You will feel comfortable taking on tasks on your own without your side kick guiding you through it.
- You have gotten more insights into the backend platform as a whole and be ready to collaborate with your team on improving it.
After a few months
- You will be comfortable working in our technology stack.
- You would have gotten to know most of the people in the company.
- You will be ready to help us improve on the product, our ways of working and having fun.
Our interview process
Our interview process is straight forward. We want you to find out whether Documaster will be a good place for you to work. In exchange, we will try to understand if you are a good match for us.
- The first step is a quick chat, usually via video, so you get to know a bit more about us and the company.
- The second step is to complete two assignments we have prepared to enable you to show us what you know. It will be one technical- and one written assignment. In total the assignments should not amount to more than 5-6 hours work, which you can complete how you want to in your own time. We know people are busy and we don’t want to add unnecessary stress.
- Third step is where we have a meeting to talk about the assignments and have a conversation about how you decided to solve it. Here you will meet some of the people you will be working closest with from the team.
- The last step is a meet and greet with some of the senior people at Documaster to learn more about the company you are joining.
More about the benefits of working at Documaster
Documaster is no longer a start-up. It is beyond that point of uncertainty and chaos. The company has customers and growth. Now it is about a steady pace (to win the race). At the same time, we are still small, and everyone matters. It is not a corporate environment with daunting reporting lines and committees. We believe in empowered teams that can move fast. With that foundation we are ready to take Documaster international.
We will go through all other benefits and perks of working at Documaster when we talk together during the interview process.
By applying for this position, you willingly provide Documaster AS with the following data in your resume: names, address, phone number, professional background and experience, education, additional certifications, qualifications and others for the purposes of the recruitment process for this position.